The Urban Jungle is coming!Feb 1st, 2017 | By Elio Cozzi | Category: SBHCA News
Neighbours – The new draft Spring Bank Hill Area Structure Plan (ASP) has been released :
Despite a prolonged consultation period with the CA and homeowners, this new plan is drastically different than the concept we worked on. If you don’t agree with this concept, now is your opportunity to let the City Planners, your Councillor and the developers know!
Our primary concerns are :
- the scope of the ASP is now including the entire Springbank Hill area, vs the original ASP between 85th street and 77th street SW.
- This allows the city to greatly increase the recommended densities in the areas to be developed.
- there is not only significantly more commercial development in this plan but it has been introduced to a much larger footprint without any apparent consideration to traffic and other infrastructure issues – specifically big box stores and large retailers, have not been ruled out
- the required amount of usable municipal reserve – green space, is not protected in this proposal
- the maximum density (100 units per acre and up to 10 stories high) is 3 times the previous proposal and would be a drastic change to the architecture and character of the community
The community association will provide further comments as we continue to review the draft document, but we hope to mobilize the community to provide feedback to the city planning department, city council, and our councillor.
Please attend the open houses, hosted by the City of Calgary
Monday, Feb. 6, 2017 from 5 – 8 p.m.
Tuesday, Feb. 7, 2017 from 5 – 8 p.m.
Both sessions are at Westside King’s Church, 3939 69 St SW.
Fill in an online survey at calgary.ca/springbankhill between Feb. 6 and 12