Calgary Transit is exploring a new way to deliver transit service. In late October/early November Calgary Transit is expanding on-demand service into the southwest communities of Aspen Woods, Christie Park, Strathcona Park, Signal Hill, Springbank Hill, and Discovery Ridge. Right now these communities are served by four community shuttles routes: 94, 164, 439, and 454. The four shuttle routes will be removed and replaced by our on-demand service, which will allow customers to book travel as needed, to be picked up and dropped off at any of the existing stops in the community and other major locations (e.g. Westhills, 69 Street Station, grocery stores, large commercial areas).
Pop-up information sessions coming soon. Location: 69th Street Station:
- Wednesday, October 7 – afternoon peak
How it works
- Download the free “Calgary Transit On Demand” app from your app store.
- Select your service area – West Calgary
- Enter your starting point and destination. Both must be in the On-Demand service area
- Select the date and time you want to ride. Trips can be planned for up to two days in advance.
- Provide rider information (number of riders, adult/youth, wheelchair, etc.).
- Select your payment option.
- The app lets you know when to expect your ride and where to wait.
- Show your On-Demand operator your proof of fare when you board your vehicle.
For more information, check out Councillor Davison’s Blog post for FAQs: https://www.jeffdavisonyyc.com/blog/2020/8/26/transit-on-demand-service-faqs