What’s the difference between Community Associations and Homeowner’s Associations?
A community association is an organization formed by the residents of an area to:
- Manage and direct its social and recreational activities;
- Act as an intervener in civic matters (planning and development); and
- Plan, develop and maintain community facilities and amenities.
A homeowner’s association is a compulsory organization created by a land developer to:
- Manage and maintain the “marketing” amenities (entrance signage, ornamental parks and ponds, boulevard landscaping and building) of a development that the City will not accept responsibility to maintain; and
- Manage and maintain amenities such as lakes and golf courses.
Additional information on the various homeowner associations located in Springbank Hill is available at the links below.